When you are living the freelance lifestyle then you want to make sure that most of your time is actually being used for billable activities.
As a freelance writer, I know how hard it is to look for newer jobs and activities while also staying on top of your daily work. There are numerous job boards, subreddits, and blogs out there. It takes a serious amount of time to scour each and every job board out there for the latest freelance writing opportunities.
However, you don’t have to do that anymore. You can automate the job hunting process with the help of IFTTT. It’s an automation service that automates pretty much anything for you and it’s extremely easy to set up.
Here’s how you can use IFTTT to find jobs on autopilot.
1. First of all, you need to find the job board that sends you the latest job alerts. (Choose as many as you want)
2. Now, you need to find the RSS feed for the particular job board (Freelancewritinggigs has the RSS feed option in the top menu of the website. If you want to set up an RSS feed for subreddits then follow this guide.)
3. Head over to IFTTT and sign up for an account.
4. Now, Setup the applet: IFTTT RSS feed to Email. (Setting up the applet is extremely easy. Connect your email, give the applet a name, and add the RSS Feed URL in the given field, that’s all.)
5. Wait for the emails to start filling up your inbox. You can create a filter to send the emails to a specific folder or label.
6. The final step is to review the jobs folder from time to time and apply to all the latest freelance writing opportunities that suit your expertise.
Note: You will have to create a new applet for each job board RSS feed.
This is how you use IFTTT to automate your job hunting process. It will save you a bunch of time and best of all, you can always be the first person to apply to the posted jobs.